Ethical principles of the publication
Obligations of the publisher:
- It is a commitment letter that outlines some ethical limits and responsibilities related to carrying out scientific research activities and publishing them in the journal of Khorasan Bozor Research Journal in order to prevent the occurrence of research violations knowingly or unknowingly by the authors of the articles.
- This charter is derived from the "Charter and Standards of Research Ethics" approved by the Vice-Chancellor of Research and Technology of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran, internationally accepted publishing standards, and existing experiences in the field of scientific research publications.
- The editors and members of the editorial board, reviewers and authors of the journal are required to know and commit to all the principles of research ethics and related responsibilities in the field of publishing. Submitting articles by authors, refereeing articles and deciding whether to accept or reject articles by members of the editorial board, editors and specialized editors means knowing and obeying these rights, and in case of non-compliance of any of these people with these principles and Responsibilities, the publication deems it their right to take any legal action.
- If the authors request to add, delete or modify the order of the authors' names, and there are sufficient reasons for this, the publisher should provide the authors with such a possibility even after the publication of the article.
- The publisher is obliged to protect the intellectual rights of the authors of the article according to the copyright laws.
Duties of the editor and members of the editorial board (Editorials Board Responsibilities):
- The editor and the members of the editorial board of the magazine should keep the publication and improve its quality as their main goal.
- The editor and members of the editorial board should try to introduce the publication as much as possible in academic and international communities and prioritize the publication of articles from other universities and international forums.
- The editor and members of the editorial board should not have a sense of favoritism and exaggeration in publishing their articles.
- The authority and responsibility of selecting referees and accepting or rejecting an article after obtaining the opinion of the referees is the responsibility of the editor and the members of the editorial board of the journal.
- The editor and the members of the editorial board of the magazine must be experts, experts and have numerous publications, as well as have the spirit of responsibility, accountability, truth-seeking, fairness and impartiality, adhere to professional ethics and respect the rights of others, and seriously and contribute responsibly towards achieving the goals of the magazine and its continuous improvement.
- The editor and members of the editorial board are expected to prepare a database of suitable referees for the journal and update it regularly based on the performance of the referees.
- The editor and the members of the editorial board should be diligent in selecting the competent judges according to their specialized field, excellence, scientific and work experience, and ethical commitment.
- The editor of the journal should welcome deep and well-founded reviews, avoid superficial and weak reviews, and deal with biased, baseless, or humiliating reviews.
- The editor and the members of the editorial board of the journal must take the necessary measures to register and archive the refereed documents of the articles as scientific documents, and to keep the names of the referees of each article confidential.
- The editor and the members of the editorial board of the journal are obliged to quickly announce the result of the final decision regarding the acceptance or rejection of the article to the responsible author.
- The editor and members of the editorial board of the magazine should consider all the information contained in the articles as confidential and refrain from making it available to others and discussing its details with others.
- The editor and members of the editorial board of the journal are obliged to avoid conflicts of interest in the refereeing process, considering any personal, commercial, academic and financial relationships that may potentially affect the acceptance and publication of the submitted articles. .
- The editor of the journal is obliged to carefully and seriously examine the works accused of deviating from publishing and research ethics, which are reported by the referees or in any other way, and take action in this regard if necessary.
- The editor of the journal is obliged to quickly delete the published articles in which it is determined that "unethical publishing and research behavior" has occurred and to provide clear information to the readers and relevant indexing authorities.
- The editor and the members of the editorial board of the magazine are obliged to check and print the correction quickly and clearly inform the readers about the printed articles in which errors have been found.
- The editor and the members of the editorial board of the magazine should continuously ask the opinions of the authors, readers, and reviewers of the magazine regarding the improvement of publishing policies and the quality of the magazine's form and content.
- Under open access license, authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content and They can archive their articles in repositories, but allow anyone to download, reuse, re-print, modify, distribute, and/or copy the content as long as the original authors and source are cited properly.
- Judges should keep the following points in mind when reviewing the articles:
- Quality, content and scientific review of the articles in order to improve and upgrade the quality and content of the articles.
- Notifying the editor of the publication about accepting or not accepting the arbitration (in terms of not being related to the subject area of the article with the expertise of the referee) and introducing an alternative referee if the referee is accepted.
- Necessity in not accepting the articles in which the interests of certain individuals, institutions and companies are obtained or personal relationships are observed in it, as well as articles in which he participated in doing, analyzing or writing.
- Judging of articles should be done based on scientific documentation and sufficient reasoning, and the use of taste, personal, trade, racial, religious, etc. opinion should be avoided in the judging of articles.
- Accurate evaluation of the article and announcing the strengths and weaknesses of the article in a constructive, clear and educational manner.
- Responsibility, accountability, punctuality, interest and adherence to professional ethics and respecting the rights of others.
- Not modifying and rewriting the article based on personal taste.
- Ensuring that the article is fully referenced to all research, topics, and quotations used in the article, as well as reminding of unreferenced items in related published research.
- Avoid retelling the information and details contained in the articles to others.
- The referee does not have the right to use its data or new concepts in favor of or against his or others' research or to criticize or discredit the authors before publishing the article. Also, after the publication of the article, the reviewer has no right to publish details beyond what has been published by the journal.
- The referee has no right to entrust the refereeing of an article to another person, including his faculty colleagues or postgraduate students, except with the permission of the journal editor. The name of anyone who helped in the refereeing of the article should be mentioned in the refereeing report to the editor and recorded in the journal documents.
- The referee is not allowed to contact the authors directly regarding the articles under review. Any contact with the authors of the articles will be done only through the journal office.
- Trying to submit a report on "publishing and research unethical behavior" and sending relevant documents to the editor of the journal
- Submitted articles should be in the specialized field of the magazine and should be prepared scientifically and coherently, according to the magazine's standard.
- The submitted articles must be original research of the author/authors of the article. Accuracy in research, correct reporting of data and mention of sources including other people's research are mandatory in the article.
- The author(s) are responsible for the correctness and accuracy of the content of their articles.
Note 1. The publication of the article does not mean that the journal approves its contents.
- Authors should present and introduce raw data, interviews or questionnaires and other tools used in the research if requested by the publication.
- If the article has more than one author, all authors must participate in writing the article and be aware of its contents. Also, all authors must accept the responsibility of the published content in the article.
- All the authors of the article must agree on the selection of the responsible author of the article (for subsequent correspondence and review and revision processes before publication).
- If the article has more than one author, the order of mentioning the names of the authors must be agreed upon by all of them.
- The authors must give permission to the journal to edit the language and (if necessary) the content of the article.
- After the publication of the article, the authors must inform the journal of possible errors in the published article and, if necessary, cooperate with the journal to correct or delete the article.
- Authors do not have the right to "duplicate submission" of an article. In other words, the article or part of it should not be published in any other journal inside or outside the country or in the process of being refereed and published.
- Authors are not allowed to "overlapping Publications". The meaning of overlapping publication is to print the data and findings of previous articles with a little change in new articles.
- The author/authors are required to use other people's materials with accurate citation, and if necessary, after obtaining written and explicit permission, use the required sources. When the same writings of another researcher are used, direct quotation methods and signs should be used, such as putting it inside quotation marks (" ").
- Submitting the article means that the authors have satisfied all the supports accepted in the article and have introduced all the supports used in the article.
- Under open access license, authors retain ownership of the copyright for their content and They can archive their articles in repositories, but allow anyone to download, reuse, re-print, modify, distribute, and/or copy the content as long as the original authors and source are cited properly
"Cases of violations of the ethical principles of publishing authors"
The author/authors are obliged to refrain from "Research and Publications Misconduct". If in any of the stages of submitting, judging, editing, or publishing an article in the journal or after that, the occurrence of one of the following cases is confirmed, it is considered unethical publishing and research behavior and the journal has the right to deal with it legally:
- Data falsification: (Fabrication) is the reporting of untrue content and presentation of fictitious data or results as laboratory results, experimental studies and personal findings. Unreal recording of what did not happen or transferring the results of different studies are examples of this violation.
- Data distortion: (Falsification) Data distortion means manipulation of materials, tools and research process or change and deletion of data in a way that causes the research results to differ from the real results.
- Plagiarism: Plagiarism is the unintentional, knowing or careless use of words, ideas, phrases, claims or citations of others without proper acknowledgment and explanation and citation to the work, the owner of the work or the speaker of the idea.
- Scientific rent: It means that the author/authors employ another person to do the research and after the end of the research, they publish it in their own name with little interference.
- Unreal attribution: It means the unreal attribution of the author/authors to an institution, center or educational or research group that did not have a role in the original research.
- Simultaneous submission: when an article is submitted to two publications.
- Duplicate submission: occurs when two or more articles have the same assumptions, data, and results.
- Repeated (additional) submission: It means dividing a study into several articles and sending them.
- Procedures for dealing with violations of ethical principles
1- Receiving a letter of accusation from an organization or scientific personality through the journal office
2- Notifying the ethics committee of the publication
2-1 Preliminary investigation by the ethics committee and checking whether the accusation is valid and whether research and investigation are necessary or not?
2-2 If necessary, collect documents and evaluate those documents and prepare a meeting report on whether or not charges have been filed.
2-3 Sending the meeting minutes to the secretary, along with the punishment suggestions if the charge is found.
- Charter and standards of research ethics approved by the Deputy of Research and Technology of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
- Committee Publications Ethics in www.publicatinethics.org